NWS Assistant Katie Lattari compiled the following setlist for Mel Nichols and Rod Smith’s reading on 14 February 2008 (see event report with photos here). The event was recorded on digital video tape and will be available in dvd and vhs formats shortly. A lo-fi (8-bit) audio recording was made, as was an archival quality audio recording (thanks to Rebecca Griffin).
Most selections from Day Poems
1) Voice Over
2) Stability of Error
3) Day Poem
4) The Second Line
5) Notes From the Forest
A mix of selections from “Hottest New Ringtones, mnichol6”, and some Flarf poems
7) Snow Tea
8 Day Poem
9) Things to do With Your Dremel
10) Easy Living with the Sectional
11) Other People’s Other People’s Dreams
Various fragments from various works
12) “I Meant to Get to Know More Superheroes Last Year”
13) James Joyce Gone Wild
14) Pope My Ride
15) Here We Are Again, Monday
16) “You May Already Be a Winner”
17) “It’s Real Bacon, Not That Crap in a Jar”
18) The Oldest Meteorites
A mix of selections
19) Ben Franklin’s Man-Boobs
20) Sur La Neige
21) Day Poem
22) Day Poem
23) Stop at 4:50
1) Cocoa Butter
2) Mes Wittl Birdy Bong Stowy
3) Canto 97
Various fragments from SNIPS (After Steve Lacy) [titles approximate]
-) “I Bought Some Grapes I Bought”
-) “You’re Letting That Great Smelling Guy Get Away”
-) “I Dreamt That I Was Bridgette Bardeaux and I Kissed Me”
-) “Your Search”
-) “Excuse Me Officer I Thought You were A Shape-Shifting Rat”
-) Identity is the Cause of Warts
-) Police Said
-) The Spider Poems [excerpt]
Audience Questions/ Comments
1) What’s it like reading together on Valentine’s Day?
2) How do you connect images in your poetry?
3) How important is the performative aspect of your poetry?
4) How do you name your poems?
5) How do you position yourself between “Flarf” and “regular” poetry?